Monday, October 31, 2016

October Newsletter

Hello,
Happy Fall! I hope those of you who get four seasons are enjoying the fall weather. It is getting a little cooler here (meaning low 90s instead of in the hundreds), but I am starting to miss the changing colors of leaves and the crisp mornings of fall. However, I am still loving it here. I’m getting to know the students and staff a little better, and I am getting into a routine.
We are finishing up the 9th week of school. It has gone by fast. I’ve started teaching some nutrition lessons to the middle and high school during PE. This has opened my eyes as to how much they don’t know about food and their bodies. They seem to want to learn, and I have so much to teach them!
I want to thank everyone who donated to the cross country team. I have received $245 and the team is able to compete in three meets! The first one was on October 8th. They did really well and the girls’ team even got third place! I am so proud of them and look forward to seeing what more they can do. They will compete in the state championship in Waco at the end of this month so please pray for safety during travel and for the runners.
As for life outside of MCA and Redeemer…I’ve gotten to enjoy some nice runs, walks, and bike rides. I like to swim when I can too. I plan to run the South Padre Island half marathon in November. Thank you for the prayers, encouraging letters, and financial support. Each of you is such a blessing.
In Christ,
   Corinne Schmidt


No comments:

Post a Comment